Saturday, September 01, 2007

Ich Bin Ein Berliner - Day 3

Ok - Day 3. This is taking forever to write up. We woke up at a decent hour again, went down to the lobby of the hostel and had a nice breakfast. We had decided the day before that we were going to hit up the German history museum and we did exactly that. Checking out of the hostel was a breeze. Then we made our way to the museum. It was right past the Lustgarten and Altes Museum that I showed in day 2.

Basically the museum guided you around from ancient history to modern history chronologically. It started with lots of old things from the Celts and lead through the Roman era, then comes medieval, reformation, ww1, ww2, Berlin wall. Thats the basic overview. So - Photos.

This is a map of Celtic movement.

This guy has a creepy face.

I liked this sculpture. I got scolded for taking a flash photo (at least I think I did, some lady said some German to me,) but it was an accident because I didn't even want it on. This pic was taken with no flash.

This is a drawing from after ww1 but before ww2

Nazi's - more than just movie bad guys and video game opponents.

Nice.

This is a pic of a piece of a US movie poster. I just loved the way the girls were falling back in terror. It's so corny.

I apparently can't hold the camera still.

Next!

Berlin Wall

As we were leaving I had Sean take a picture of me in front of the Reichstag, the capitol building of Germany. Cori - this one is for you.

We went back to the train station, got on a train back to Gottingen and arrived around 5pm or so. Good trip. - Eric

No comments: