Thursday, September 20, 2007

Happy Hunting

We spent yesterday with Mira, Daniel's girl. Our landlord came over to make the initial inspection so we could point out any flaws so they don't get blamed on us. She acted as our translator. Well, she just did all the work. Afterwards we got a bite to eat and stopped by Daniel's place for some coffee and donuts. While we were there Mira taught us a few important lines. Here they are, in order. I'll give you the translation after so you can try to decipher them first.

Ich Finde dich süß!
Kann ich dich auf finen drink einladen?
Mochtest du mit mir tanzen?
Zu dir oder zu mir?
Hast du Kondome?
Die nachy mit dir war sehr schon!
Ich brauche eine zigarette.
Wie ist die name?
Wie ist diene telefonnummer?
Ich kanne nicht bleiben.
Ich habe ein wichtiges meeting morgen.


And now the rough translation back to English:

I find you sweet.
Can I buy you a drink?
Would you like to dance?
Your place or mine?
Do you have condoms?
I think that you are very beautiful.
I need a cigarette.
What is your name?
What is your telephone number?
I can't stay the night.
I have an important meeting in the morning.

After our lessons we went back to our place, had a bite to eat, and went to the bar - to practice our German :) zing. -Eric

No comments: